Tuesday 16 February 2016

New Skin

Just about 6 months ago I crossed off an item from my Bucket List! And that was to visit Belgium to attend one of the best and the biggest Electronic Music Festivals in the world - Tomorrowland. It was magical, I swear. A super excited me at Tomorrowland 2015 Day 1!



But nightmare began when I got back to Singapore. Not sure if it was the weather in Amsterdam or Belgium or the plane ride or the new skin care products I was using, I even suspected that it was the neck pillow I got from the airport. My skin broke out and it was really nasty. When I meant nasty, its like that...

These little pimples popped out around my jawline and around my neck area (which led me to suspect the new travel neck pillow that I got for the 13 hour flight). It was horrible and I was desperate to get them cleared. I tried facials, new products, etc. But the pimples kept coming back. It was in this state for about 2 months before I decide to make a trip DRx

I've heard about them through my girlfriend who has been using their products since we were in secondary school (that's at least 10 years ago). I never thought of switching then as I was very comfortable with Shiseido then. And of course, they were pretty out there in the social media space in the last couple of years with plenty of bloggers in Singapore and Malaysia covering them. 

I was in KL for a couple of days in October last year and I managed to pop by their clinic, and I met with Dr. Jason Yip. Well, he has flawless skin himself, I knew I will be in good hands. It has been about 4 months since my first consultation. Can't ask for more, the pimples stopped popping and my skin is in a way healthier state. These are the products that I've been using, together with their Foaming Facial Cleanser. I stopped using the Blemish Formula (aka BF), as I stopped having breakouts after the first bottle. Ran out of Max-C but will get it soon - read this, its probably a very good idea to have this item with all the benefits promised. Personally, I love the Comedone Formula (aka CF), it helps 'dissolves' white/blackheads - it really does. I have it on for a couple of days and those nasty heads do kinda disappear!


I managed to wean myself off the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Spot-Control Base  which I have been using for years, maybe a good 10 years, it was great for my skin - lightweight, good enough coverage and it comes with SPF 35 (perfect for daily use). Now its replaced with the Tinted Sunblock from DRx which I use it as my make up base and it comes with SPF50+! I also tried DRx Milk Cleanser with hopes that it will outperform the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil in removing my make up - didn't quite work as well as I wished it would. Nonetheless, I'm sticking to these few products for now, worked well for me and I love how each bottles are 30ml - great for travelling (Not a big fan of transferring products into those travel size PET bottles - too much hassle!). Just wished the cleansing foam comes in a 100ml instead of 150ml or both! - If you can hear me DRx!

No comments:

Post a Comment