Friday 4 March 2016

My favourite corner at home




I know it has been a while...so many things were happening in my life and I had many projects on hand. 2016 started off really wildly and quickly! We moved in to our new home in January, Chinese New Year in February and he proposed! I've been searching high and low for a wedding venue that we both love...and I hope the search is coming to an end! Then we have the gowns, the bridesmaid dresses, photo shoots, etc. Looks like I'm not getting any rest in 2016. Not complaining!

To be honest, I haven't gotten used to staying at the new place yet. It has been a month plus now and everything is just so perfect and new and nice...its like putting up in a serviced apartment or some sort. Maybe some pictures of us will help...yes I need to get down to that.

Tasks aside! I've identified the best corner of our home to be the balcony! I still remember when we were searching for an apartment, W & I weren't exactly keen on having a balcony. We thought that it was a waste of indoor space and we would rather not have it. But the search brought us to this development and the units came with a balcony. Well, what to do...let's just make the best out of it. And W kept insisting we had to have our balcony decked. He said those wood deckings reminded him of the house he used to live in when he was a child. And for me, I was looking at those artificial grass, haha! It's not a bad idea right - or is it?

So I was sold to the wood decking idea and I didn't put much thought in it as I can't really see myself hanging out outdoors anyway. The search began and it was really random that I found Mu-flooring. I was exploring the neighbourhood with my mom and we were taking a stroll at the nursery beside home...then I saw their shop within the nursery. We made an appointment with them and we met up with Stephen who shared with us on the different wood types and composite wood. W didn't like the feel of the composite wood decking (PVC) - I was at a point IN for those as I wanted the cleaning to be fuss-free, etc. Until I saw the samples and the feel on the feet were just...plastic. Very different from the real wood where its soft and it really feels comfortable stepping on it. So we decided to go with Stephen's recommendation - Iron Wood. He also had his balcony decked in Iron Wood - won't go wrong following the footsteps of the expert!

And the work began... (Pictures/ Videos credit to my ID)









I was impressed. Really. The decking made so much difference to the balcony. It was cold and stiff with those uninteresting white tiles that felt hard on the feet. Look how homely and cosy it became! I actually lounge in the balcony!

We also got Mu-flooring to customise a set of timber table with a bench for our balcony. Extremely pretty and perfect for my guests to hang out! We love having dinner out there, whilst enjoying the view. Psst! Our balcony was also featured on their website!!!

Here, more pictures of our little cosy balcony!





We were also on the hunt for a modern looking standing water feature, and wala! Found one to our liking! Easy maintenance was important to us as we travel quite a bit and we want the option to be able switch it off/ on quickly and be able to easily remove the water to prevent mozzies from breeding while we are away! Get your pretty standing water features from Fossil Collection!

Also don't forget those outdoor blinds, it really blocks out much sun (which I'm totally not a fan of), keeping the house cooler without compromising on the wind we get on the high floor!

Love the wood decking? Get in touch with Mu-Flooring. I'm sure your balcony will be well taken care of like ours.

#notanad #wooddecking #timberfurnitures #outdoorliving #balconyideas


No comments:

Post a Comment