Wednesday 6 April 2016

Gina Serves Breakfast/ Pandora Goals / New Fruit Discovery!

Decided to make W go jelly and further find my way to his heart  by preparing his favourite breakfast - Baked Eggs with Chorizos!

I never knew about Baked Eggs until I met W and it became my favourite too! However many breakfast places in Singapore do not have that in their menu and those we tried are very different from each other. My favourite would be either the 'Tunisian' from Wild Honey or the DIY Tomato Skillet Eggs from Artisan Boulangerie Co. aka ABC. And recently I found out that the branch in Katong i12 stopped serving that!  The ones from Nassim Hill Bakery and The Coastal Settlement didn't really hit all the right notes. And the worst Baked Eggs that I ever had in my honest opinion was from PODI at Raffles City...

So I went to look up for the recipe online and made my first Baked Eggs! Not perfect but nice try! W said it was easily in the Top 3 best Baked Eggs he ever eaten! 真会说话 this boy!



I dug holes for my eggs and they can't be seen here. Next time I'll leave the eggs on top and probably just 6mins in the oven instead of 10mins, I would prefer the eggs to be more runny! 

Find the recipe below if you are interested! Super easy!

Ingredients
2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
5 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Capsicum, core removed and sliced
2 Fresh Chorizos, case removed and sliced
300ml Tomato Puree
1/2 Cup of Water
Salt, Pepper
Paprika Powder
4 Eggs

Method
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add onion and garlic. 
Add the capsicum and cook till it softens.
Add sliced chorizos to pan and stir with the vegetables over medium heat, continue till onions and capsicum turn really soft. 
Add the tomato puree and 1/2 cup of water, cook for about 15mins. 
Add salt, pepper and lots of paprika powder to taste! 
Preheat your oven to 200°C.
Transfer the sauce to an oven-proof dish, crack in the eggs and bake for 5 - 10mins -depending on how cooked you want your eggs to be. I prefer runny eggs so I think 6mins would be just right.
Serve immediately with bread! I got my bread from ABC.

Lately, I've been spying on themed Pandora Bracelets and I decided to embark on a floral themed one. The charms I had were mostly gifted and it was just...very messy with no theme, ok in a nutshell - it's quite ugly la ok 

What the...
Found some really nice ideas from Pinterest and seriously what happened to mine ?! I quite like this starry themed bracelet, its simple and really on point la. 

And these are the floral themed ones... super girly but nice eh!!!

Pictures from Pinterest

Now I've got more things to shop for at Changi Airport!!! 

Figured it will be a great start with some bling!

And I'm wearing it like this for now...lonely I know but I will get there...slowly but surely...
Front
Side

Back
Pictures from Pandora.net

And I'll end it off with this Hearts Safety Chain...seems cuter than the Daisy one though. Pandora's web is awesome la, allows me build my dream bracelet online 
Ok so this will (hopefully) happen. Total price for this look is...SGD1,551 
#pandoragoals

Was recently in a supermarket in Sarawak to grocery shop and chanced upon this really cute packaging at the fruits section. Had a look at it and it's KIWIBERRIES?! What's that??? Super curious, had to buy and try. (Apparently it's not something new but I've never seen it before eh!)

It looks like a mini watermelon here, the exterior is smooth and leathery. And it is soft...

Took a bite and was pleasantly surprised! Look and tasted just like a Kiwi, only sweeter! Omg how cute please! Ok for those who are as slow as me in this discovery and like eating Kiwis, please buy it to try!!!

Till then!

With Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment