Thursday 21 April 2016

Terrarium Workshop at The Plant Story!


I've heard of the Urban Gardening Workshop by The Plant Story for a while now but haven't got the time to even sign up for it. Finally made time and brought Mommy along last Sunday! We came at a good time as we were the only ones at the workshop and we had the whole place to ourselves! 

Stepped into the store and the first thing that caught my eye were the terrariums on display! So pretty and highly inspired, can't wait to start the workshop already! 

And it has a Cafe in it...very close to my fantasy ! You can read about it here.  I'll totally be back here to just chill and have a cup of tea. So relaxing please!




And the workshop starts now!!! So Mom & I started by picking our glass jars, type of plants and decorative items like the coloured sands, tiny glass figurines and volcanic rocks, etc.


By the way thats Han at the background, who helped us build our little garden. My Mom & I kept asking him questions about this and that #reallynoob, fortunately for us he was very patient towards these two aunties!

After an hour...we completed our first ever terrarium! I chose to go with Mosses for my mini garden and Mom decided to go with the Rainforest one. (There's plenty of other options like Air, Desert and Water Garden!!!) Ok I know its a bad picture, pardon the reflection!


Mom loves her pigs...so without much guessing, I knew she was gonna have one inside her mini garden! 


And mine! Couple of people commented that mine don't look as good as my Mom's . But it's really prettier irl. Even Han said it was pretty lor. #consolation


Mommy dearest & I! Glad we had time for this, before I leave SG again!


Highly annoyed that I can't take a good picture of it...went back home and continue to try to get a better picture of my lovely terrarium! 


Check out my ladybug, how happy ok. HAHAH. Learnt that Mosses uses Sphagnum as well (same as my Phalaenopsis Orchid!).  


If you are looking for something fun to do on a weekend, I think this is perfect! With Mothers' Day round the corner...I think its a good idea to bring Mom out for a little fun like this. We enjoyed ourselves and we get to bring home a little garden which we created together. How meaningful? I would also think its a perfect gift for anyone with its (really) low maintenance. Generally you only need to water them once in every 4 months or so...how simple please!

For those who are interested...the workshop fee is S$10 per pax and the DIY kits starts from S$35 (which includes the jar, plants, soil, coloured sand, etc). I paid S$20 extra for my Mosses and S$5 each for the glass figurines. 

Find out more at their web: http://www.theplantstory.com/

,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment