Monday 9 May 2016

Bangkok Part 3

Heading back to Singapore in the evening...and we visited a Gemstone shop in the day!

Visited a jeweller in Sarawak and totally got inspired (check out my Dayre post). I saw a dainty ring with a tiny ruby in a halo setting. Super cute and it looks like this...Ok this is 1 carat but the one I saw was smaller than this, maybe 0.5 carat or below. The SA told me that they could also customise the ring if I brought along my own gemstone. 



So , went into a google frenzy and found this:
"Thailand is the major source for trading colour gemstones. And almost all colour gemstones rough around the world would come to Thailand to get cut, treated and manufactured to jewellery because of their strong expertise. Thai craftsmen are considered the best cutters in the world and have learnt how to cut in pure precision due to their proximity to Burma, the major source of expensive colour gemstones like rubies, sapphires, and jade."

Cool or what. But I'm not getting anything expensive...wish I could! Hehehehe.

My little google frenzy also led me to this jeweller who has 40 years experience in cutting gemstones and honest dealings.  Have been looking forward to visit!

So dragged Bestie along and we entered the store (more like an office actually), with drawers filled with all sorts of stones. The SA wasn't pushy at all, gave us all the time in the world to browse their collection. When we had questions, she patiently answers them and was very friendly too!

This 10 carat London Blue Topaz was so pretty!



After a long time...picked these two out. Initially I wanted something darker but the London Blue Topaz (left) was really quite pretty! I've always like the Emerald cut and in my own opinion, I think it looks better with a > 2 carat stone.


Lousy photo, but the stone on the right was closer to purple. Not the biggest fan of purple so...ya! London Blue it is! Super excited to have it set! 

With not much time left, we headed to Central World to pick out more stuff from Naraya which we left out the previous day. Couldn't resist a Matcha Mille Crepe Cake from After You Dessert Shop. 

Back to Platinum to comb the stores again...haha. Super uninteresting la but we were quite pressed for time, had to head back to our hotel to pick up our luggage and to the airport!

 I love Kway Chap by the way...and I was super excited to find pig's blood cube in it... but to only find out that was the only piece . Ever since Singapore banned it, it's a luxury to savour it. Good thing that Sarawak still serve this! I remember having my fill in a Dim Sum Cafe in Hong Kong...mmm delicious! And Wu Lao Guo in Taipei where they had duck's blood slices in the soup!!! While my friends were savouring the premium meats and seafood, I was busy eating the blood slices hahahaha. 



I swear my luggage was bursting from my loots. Bestie was smart, brought an extra . Was still laughing at her for bringing 2 luggages for such a short trip...now we know who's the seasoned shopaholic.

 Bye Bangkok! Hope to visit soon!


I love the Mango Sticky Rice from the Airport eh, so yummy and it is like a must buy to savour it onboard. MMMMMMMM!


And our trip ended! 
And the unpacking/ washing the next day...was really tough. HAHAH. Till then...

,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment